Spring Cleaning Checklist
The Junkluggers can help with our comprehensive spring cleaning guide. Download and print our free spring cleaning checklist below!
Having trouble keeping up with your Spring cleaning? We’ve created this handy, in-depth spring cleaning checklist to keep you on schedule and alleviate your stress. Organized by room, this checklist will get you back on track in no time at all!
During your spring cleaning project, you will likely come across several items you no longer want or need. Fortunately, The Junkluggers can help you discard these items. Give us a call and our luggers can remove any items you want to purge.
Our dedicated team will make every effort to donate, recycle, and otherwise ethically dispose of your unwanted items. What’s more, you’ll receive a tax-deductible receipt within 14 business days for items we donate and someone in your community will receive much-needed furniture or clothing.
We frequently offer same day and next day appointments!
Whole-Home Spring Cleaning Tips:
Click to download & print our free ultimate spring cleaning checklist!
Before we dive into each room, let’s go over some general tips that will ensure a smooth decluttering experience. These spring cleaning tips apply to every room in your home. Do these first, room-by-room, or at the end of your spring cleaning journey for a deep and satisfying clean.
- Clean from top to bottom! You don’t want ceiling debris falling on your freshly mopped floors
- Start with a specific area, particularly the exit zone (i.e. the garage)
- Determine your project’s end goal
- Wash baseboards, walls, doors, windows & window sills
- Vacuum & clean vents
- Dust & shine lights, ceiling fans, lamp shades & replace any burnt light bulbs
- Spring clean the green way! Use reusable rags rather than paper towels and non-toxic cleaning products such as lemon, baking soda and vinegar!
- Before you buy new storage items - reuse some you may already have
- Remove clutter - Find a sustainable Junk Removal Company to help (that's us!)
The Junkluggers is an additional resource for you to use so that you don’t have to worry about disposing of your unwanted items!
How to Clean Your Kitchen:
Need your old fridge removed? Our Luggers can help!
Your kitchen is the heart of your home, so it requires special attention during spring cleaning. When you follow these general rules of thumb, you can rest assured knowing that your kitchen will be left pristine.
- Wash your cabinets
- Remove clutter from countertops
- Vacuum fridge coils
- Clear out your pantry
- Deep clean your oven
- Vacuum & mop behind your fridge
- Dust the tops of fridge, stove, & appliances
- Clean your fridge inside & out (that means taking out drawers!)
- Use citrus fruit rinds to clean your garbage disposal naturally while also leaving your drain smelling fresh
Looking to say goodbye to unwanted pots, utensils, or appliances? Responsibly disposing of these items can be tricky. Fortunately, The Junkluggers can have these items out of your home in no time at all with our expert appliance removal and junk removal services. From spatulas to microwaves, our professionals will make every effort to donate, recycle, or otherwise ethically dispose of your unwanted kitchen items.
Living Room Cleaning:
The living room is a space for entertainment and play. It is a space where you and your family come together. That being said, this is not a room in your home that can be overlooked during your spring cleaning project!
- Dust all mirrors, frames, and other decorative items
- Vacuum upholstery, lamp shades, & carpets
- Dust fixtures & furniture
- Wash blankets & throw pillows, using steam
Are you looking to finally replace that old sofa, but not sure how to get rid of it? Luckily, our professionals excel in furniture removal. You won’t have to strain your back or determine how to discard these pieces. Instead, The Junkluggers will find your unwanted furniture item a new home!
Bedroom Organizing & Cleaning Tips:
Your bedroom is where you start and end your day. It is a space where you can relax and unwind, so it is crucial that you focus on your bedroom during your spring cleaning project.
- Wash all bedding, including comforters, sheets, & throw pillows
- You can even use the vacuum’s upholstery & crevice tools to clean the top & sides of your mattress
- Flip your mattress!
- Get rid of items you no longer want or need
- Give your once loved items a new life by donating what you no longer need
Closet Organization & Cleanout Tips:
When you feel like it’s time to scrap the clothing items that you no longer need, use our quick and trusty closet organization checklist.
- Dispose of any trash including shopping bags and tags
- Remove everything from your closet and organize into piles:
- Items you wish to donate
- Items you need to iron
- Items that can be folded
- Items that can be hung up
- Vacuum and wipe down your closet and any shelving
- Replace folded clothes, using drawer dividers if available
- Replace hanging clothes
- Iron wrinkled items and return to your closet
- Keep extra hangers on one side of your closet for when you’ll need them
If your bedroom has been taken over by items you no longer want or need, The Junkluggers can help. Don’t stress about getting rid of these items when you partner with us. We make bedroom decluttering and junk removal simple!
Bathroom Cleaning Checklist:
Not only is your bathroom where you often get ready for the day and for bed, but it can also be an area for rejuvenation and relaxation. Your bathroom is especially susceptible to germs and clutter, which is why your bathroom should be a focus area for your spring cleaning project.
- Wash bath mats, towels, & shower curtains
- Remove old soap and cosmetics bottles (Check recycling instructions on the label!)
- Disinfect & clean your tub & shower
- Dust decorative items or replace them!
- Replace and/or wash shower liners & curtains (added bonus: you can wash a plastic or vinyl curtain on gentle with your washing machine)
There are many items in your bathroom that are difficult to discard, from old bubble bath to ancient makeup products. All of these can harm the environment if disposed of inappropriately. When you choose a Junkluggers near you, we can ease your concerns surrounding the improper disposal of these items.
Declutter Your Office Space:
Crowded desk space can seriously impact your productivity. That is why it is crucial to regularly declutter your office. Don’t neglect your office space during your spring cleaning project!
- Vacuum entire floor, including any rugs or carpeting
- Dust decorative items, shelves, & window sills
- Organize drawers & desk area, get rid of items you no longer want or need
- Get rid of broken or unused electronic waste. Electronic waste makes up a large portion of toxic waste so it is very important to donate or recycle them properly!
Need to dispose of an old computer monitor or some other junk crowding your office space? The Junkluggers can help. Our professionals are happy to help with your e-waste recycling or junk removal project.
Reclaim your Outdoor Space
What better time than spring than to spruce up your outdoor area? Enjoy the beautiful spring days outdoors!
- Remove old hot tubs, above ground pools or sheds by calling The Junkluggers
- Upgrade your patio furniture and donate the old items
- Take down playsets / trampolines if kids have outgrown them
- Say goodbye to your old fence, grill or other outdoor clutter
- Don’t forget to declutter and organize your garage!
Spring cleaning your outdoor area, home, or business can seem overwhelming. That is why we recommend partnering with a professional organizer and the experts here at The Junkluggers. We can help ease your concerns surrounding your spring cleaning project so that you can sit back, relax, & enjoy your fresh space!
Selling Your Home?
Downsizing? Let The Junkluggers help!
Spring is one of the best times to sell your home and relocate. However, moving is a time and labor intensive project. We offer a few tips and tricks for dealing with this stressful process:
- Get rid of excess clutter in your home
- Consider the timing of your move; try to avoid moving on the weekend
- Think about the weather in your new area and how it could impact your move
There is no need for you to concern yourself with the details of your home decluttering, allow The Junkluggers to assist you with your junk removal project!
Partner with The Junkluggers for Your Spring Cleaning Project!
Deep cleaning can be a stressful and time-consuming task, especially when you do it alone. Fortunately, you will never have to complete a junk removal project on your own again! The Junkluggers is eager to assist you with your spring cleaning junk removal undertaking. You no longer have to worry about what to do with items you no longer want or need anymore, we can handle it from there!
From appliance removal to e-waste recycling, our team of professionals is prepared to handle your spring cleaning project. Not only will our experts work tirelessly to donate, recycle, or otherwise ethically dispose of your unwanted items, but we also offer free junk removal estimates.
Don’t wait another day to begin your spring cleaning. Contact The Junkluggers today to schedule your free junk removal estimate!