The Junkluggers Mission & Core Values
A Junk Removal Franchise Business
You Can Be Proud Of
Our mission is simple: to enhance lives, our communities, and the environment by donating, recycling, upcycling, and supporting local charities.
Every company has a culture. Some define them carefully, and some stumble into them accidentally. While we have expectations and standards of excellence, we also believe in our franchisees as individuals and support the valuable perspectives they bring to the table. Listening and evolving are a vital part of our company culture, and we can’t do that without close, respectful relationships with our franchisees.
Started by Millennials and run by an ever-growing, multi-generational executive team that has top-notch education and real-world business success, The Junkluggers is poised for continued growth in the marketplace because it’s a small enough company to be nimble and responsive to market trends, and large enough to develop brand awareness and create positive buzz. We’ve purposefully aligned our culture to prevent The Junkluggers from becoming a megalith—the kind of company where the CEO is unreachable, and growth stagnates because new ideas are suffocated.
If your values are aligned with ours, you may be the perfect fit for our junk removal franchise. Contact us today at (800) 819-6331 to learn more.
Good to the Core
It probably comes as no surprise that our core values reflect positivity. While any eco-friendly company can say they help to save the Earth, not many hold up their end of the bargain. That’s where we differ.
Take a look at our core values:
- Be a mensch. Mensch is an ancient Yiddish word that translates to “a person of integrity and honor.” Being a mensch means being a person of noble character who is responsible and has a sense of what is right, even when no one is looking – basically all the qualities one would hope for in a friend or trusted colleague. Be a good, honorable person and inspire the same in the people around you.
- Build a positive team and family culture. We strive to build a happy and fun work environment. Be positive. Go out of your way to help someone else. Listen carefully. Be a mensch! Slap someone high five or give them a hug. Communicate with one another openly, honestly, and kindly, even if we don’t always agree. Check your power trip at the door, everyone is equal and deserves an equal amount of respect. In focusing on these things we create an environment people want to be a part of and boast about. We believe that by focusing internally on the strength and happiness of our team first, our customers and vendors will receive incredible treatment and our business will thrive.
- Deliver “WOW” through service. We want our customers to be saying “WOW” all the time. We recognize we are in the customer service business. We want our customers to be enamored with our empathy for their situation and our passion for providing incredible service. We love when our customers send us notes of appreciation and positive feedback and we feel great pride when they refer us to others and return to use us again and again.
- You’re either up, or you’re getting up. Everyone feels down sometimes – it’s normal and it’s ok. We recognize, respect, and confront what is bothering us head-on. We look at what’s getting us down, poke it in the eye, and charge forward with our foot on the gas. We don’t stop and we don’t give up. We get better, not bitter and we press on!
- Raise the bar. They say that in business, you’re either growing or you’re dying. We are always striving to do better, be better, and achieve more. Change. Evolve. Take risks and step out of your comfort zone to find yourself and your true potential. Keep developing yourself and your team, professionally and personally.
- Be a force for good in the environment and the community. We are a purpose-driven company, and we take great pride and responsibility in the opportunity to lead, help, and give back. Our mission and business practices directly help our local communities, future generations, and our planet. We strongly believe that we can build profitable businesses AND do good at the same time.
- Hustle. If you want to be successful, you have to do more than just want it. You have to GO FOR IT every single day. Don’t back down – keep going. You have to be hungry for it and you must refuse to let anything stand in your way. Jay-Z said, “You can’t knock the hustle,” and Michael Jordan said, “Some people want it to happen, some people wish it would happen, others make it happen.” Make it happen.
- Celebrate the wins! We are in it to win it. When you win, celebrate it. Pull out the upcycled BBQ grill, get your team together, reflect on what it took to reach that goal, and celebrate that win. Let your worries go for a while, laugh together, feel proud, build that camaraderie, and enjoy being part of a winning team.
At The Junkluggers, we don’t just stand by these core values – we live by them. As stated by our CEO, “They are our guiding principles in every interaction we have with our customers and each other. With these values in mind, we will continue to provide our customers with the greatest service around and we will not only grow as individuals, but also become stronger as a company.”
Our Eco-Friendly Approach to Junk
At Junkluggers, we also practice what we preach. When we say we’re an environmental company, we mean it: unlike other junk hauling franchises, our commitment to keeping waste out of landfills is real and not simply a marketing tactic. It is our mission to save the Earth, one piece of junk at a time. By 2025, we aim to donate and recycle 100% of all items we remove from residential and commercial jobs, setting the standard in the United States for eco-friendly disposal practices. When you work with Junkluggers, you can depend on our eco-friendly promise.
The numbers don’t lie. Junkluggers is proud that:
- Majority of removed materials are donated or recycled
- Thousands of homes have been furnished with donated furniture
- We are striving to reach 100% eco-friendly disposal by 2025 by reusing, donating, recycling and upcycling
A Mutually Beneficial Partnership
Another important part of Junkluggers culture is our commitment to making sure our junk removal franchise is a good fit for our candidates. We only commit to franchisees who are a good match for our company culture, because we know hardworking, community-minded individuals who want to be part of a vibrant, growing company will make the entire company stronger.
To truly understand what makes Junkluggers culture special, you should experience it firsthand. Come to a discovery day, meet with our executive staff, and sit down with our CEO and founder Josh Cohen. Get a feel for what it’s like to be part of our team, and we’re betting you’ll like what you find.
Want to help us improve our planet with a lucrative franchise opportunity? Visit our Steps to Success page to learn more about how to get started.