Our Eco-Friendly Junk Removal Company Is on a Mission
At The Junkluggers, we think it’s critical to have a mission statement and core values. They act as guidelines for making big decisions and can help guide a company toward success. Since our company’s founding in 2004, our CEO, Josh Cohen, has had one goal in mind: Make a positive impact on the world. We strive to do that with every job we take, every decision we make, and every piece of junk we encounter.
Our mission is to enhance lives, our communities, and the environment by donating, recycling, upcycling, and supporting local charities.
We do this by removing junk from our customers’ homes and either donating it to local non-profits or recycling it in an eco-friendly way. We are striving to eliminate 100% of waste from landfills by the year 2025.
Strong Values Matter
In order to achieve our mission, we need to have values by which we operate. Every part of our organization incorporates these values into who we are and the decisions we make.
- Be a mensch. Mensch is an ancient Yiddish word that translates to “a person of integrity and honor.” Being a mensch means being a person of noble character who is responsible and has a sense of what is right, even when no one is looking – basically all the qualities one would hope for in a friend or trusted colleague. Be a good, honorable person and inspire the same in the people around you.
- Build a positive team and family culture. We strive to build a happy and fun work environment. Be positive. Go out of your way to help someone else. Listen carefully. Be a mensch! Slap someone high-five or give them a hug. Communicate with one another openly, honestly, and kindly, even if we don’t always agree. Check your power trip at the door—everyone is equal and deserves an equal amount of respect. In focusing on these things, we create an environment people want to be a part of and boast about. We believe that by focusing internally on the strength and happiness of our team first, our customers and vendors will receive incredible treatment and our business will thrive.
- Deliver “WOW” through service. We want our customers to be saying “WOW” all the time. We recognize we are in the customer service business. We want our customers to be enamored with our empathy for their situation and our passion for providing incredible service. We love when our customers send us notes of appreciation and positive feedback, and we feel great pride when they refer us to others and return to us again and again.
- You’re either up or you’re getting up. Everyone feels down sometimes—it’s normal and it’s ok. We recognize, respect, and confront what is bothering us head-on. We look at what’s getting us down, poke it in the eye, and charge forward with our foot on the gas. We don’t stop, we don’t give up. We get better, not bitter, and we press on!
- Raise the bar. They say that, in business, you’re either growing or you’re dying. We are always striving to do better, be better, and achieve more. Change. Evolve. Take risks and step out of your comfort zone to find yourself and your true potential. Keep developing yourself and your team, professionally and personally.
- Be a force for good in the environment and the community. We are a purpose-driven company, and we take great pride and responsibility in the opportunity to lead, help, and give back. Our mission and business practices directly help our local communities, future generations, and our planet. We strongly believe that we can build profitable businesses and do good at the same time.
- Hustle. If you want to be successful, you have to do more than just want it. You have to GO FOR IT every single day. Don’t back down – keep going. You have to be hungry for it and you must refuse to let anything stand in your way. Jay-Z said, “You can’t knock the hustle,” and Michael Jordan said, “Some people want it to happen, some people wish it would happen, others make it happen.” Make it happen.
- Celebrate the wins! We are in it to win it. When you win, celebrate it. Pull out the upcycled BBQ grill, get your team together, reflect on what it took to reach that goal, and celebrate that win. Let your worries go for a while, laugh together, feel proud, build that camaraderie, and enjoy being part of a winning team.
We value our customers and all their junk! Contact us today at (800) 819-6331 to learn more about our junk removal services and to request a free on-site estimate.